We recommend keeping your Warpfive Stove Fan clean and free from air borne dust and ash as much as possible. All Warpfive Stove Fans are supplied with the essential items you will need to maintain your engine. You will know when your engine needs to be cleaned and lubricated, because it will become noisy and it will struggle to get going. The Warpfive Dust Cover will assist in keeping your engine clean and free from dust / ash.
It will be necessary to clean and lubricate the displacer shaft on your engine once a season or after every 1000 hours. If used extensively above 300 C (572 F) lubrication will be required more frequently.
Follow these steps and be sure to only use Warpfive High Temperature Lubricant.
- Locate the displacer shaft - the vertical shaft that enters the top plate through the bronze bush (marked A on the diagram).
- Rotate the propeller until the displacer shaft is at its highest extent.
- Wipe the shaft clean with a cotton bud or tissue, removing any ash / dust residue. Repeat until the shaft is clean.
- Dip the small hex key (found in your Warpfive Maintenance Kit), or cocktail stick or pin or something similar into the vial of Warpfive High Temperature Lubricant.
- Touch the shaft (marked B on the diagram) and transfer a small amount of oil to the shaft (no more than a light smear is required). Oil the entire circumference of the shaft.
- Do not oil the piston or any other component as this will damage your Stirling engine.