The Sidewinder is a small heat powered stove fan which operates across a broad range of temperatures. It’ll work on any medium to hot stove surface and starts operating at 110° C (230° F).
Named the Sidewinder for its dual pulley and belt operating mechanism – it has an intriguing Stirling engine design which is captivating to watch plus highly functional. The stepped up pulley ratio increases the Sidewinder’s RPM and enables it to move an impressive 320 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air.
Stirling Engine Design
The Sidewinder is small heat powered stove fan which is 100% mechanical with no electric components which can burnout if overheated. This is because it is a precision engineered Stirling engine built with durable materials such as stainless steel, brass and aluminium.
For optimum performance it uses advanced materials such as a silver thermodynamic heat plate, precision bearings and graphite. The glass piston cylinder and low friction bearings ensure quiet operation and low maintenance. Stirling engines are powerful, extremely reliable and with care will last a lifetime. Find out more here.
When you use a Sidewinder stove fan you can reduce your wood usage by up to 22% and heat your room up to 40% faster.
When you order a Sidewinder you will also receive a comprehensive maintenance kit and the option to purchase a dust cover. The dust cover is a beautiful clear dome which can be used while the stove fan is in use. Not only does it enhance the beauty of the engine, it also assists in keeping it free from dust or ash.
- Small heat powered stove fan
- Complex Stirling engine design with stainless steel base
- Start-up temperature 110° C (230° F)
- Maximum stove top temperature 450° C ( 842° F)
- Circulates in excess of 320 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air
- Uses a 4 blade high aspect ratio fan (220mm, 8.6 inch diameter). This fan is optimised to circulate maximum air at low RPM
- Operation is quiet – typically 36dB
- Stainless steel displacer and regenerator boost performance
- Low profile design – measures 225 mm (8.8 inches) in height
- Maintenance kit included
- 3 year manufacturer’s warranty
Dimensions & Weight
Overall height: 225 mm (8.8 inches)
Base dimensions: 110 mm (4.3 inches)
Weight: 1.8 kg / 3.97lbs
Fan diameter: 220 mm (8.6 inches)