The Steelhead is a Stirling engine stove fan with a classic design. It offers excellent performance across a broad range of temperatures. It works on any medium to hot stove surface and starts operating at 110° C (230° F).
Stirling Engine Design
The Steelhead is a classic Stirling engine stove fan which is 100% mechanical with no electric components which can burnout if overheated. This is because it is a precision engineered Stirling engine built with durable materials such as stainless steel, brass and aluminium.
For optimum performance it uses advanced materials such as a silver thermodynamic heat plate, precision bearings and graphite. The glass piston cylinder and low friction bearings ensure quiet operation and low maintenance. Stirling engines are powerful, extremely reliable and with care will last a lifetime. Find out more here.
When you use a Steelhead stove fan you can reduce your wood usage by up to 22% and heat your room up to 40% faster.
When you order a Steelhead you will also receive a comprehensive maintenance kit and the option to purchase a dust cover. The dust cover is a beautiful clear dome which can be used while the stove fan is in use. Not only does it enhance the beauty of the engine, it also assists in keeping it free from dust or ash.
Hand-crafted, assembled and tested in Great Britain.
- Stirling engine with stainless steel base
- Start-up temperature 110° C (230° F)
- Maximum stove top temperature 450° C ( 842° F)
- Circulates in excess of 320 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air
- Maintenance kit included
- Uses a large 4 blade high aspect ratio fan (285mm, 11.2 inch diameter) to circulate maximum air at low RPM
- Operation is quiet – typically 36dB
- Stainless steel displacer and regenerator boost performance
- 3 year manufacturer’s warranty
Dimensions & Weight
Overall height: 325 mm (12.8 inches)
Base dimensions: 110 mm (4.3 inches)
Weight: 1.8 kg / 3.97 lbs
Fan diameter: 285 mm (11.2 inches)