The Twister Fan is a portable, high velocity outdoor Stirling engine fan which you can use on any table top to keep cool and repel insects naturally.
It’s robust design means you can take it anywhere – even on on camping and caravanning holidays. Plus because it is powered by an alcohol burner, you have no reliance on electricity or battery power. This makes it ideal for off grid living, camping, bush and hunting lodges.
The practical design includes an integral essential oil diffuser which can be filled with Citronella or Peppermint oil to assist in repelling insects.
You can use any form of denatured alcohol, Methylated Spirits or eco-friendly bio ethanol fuel to power the Twister fan. Read more about bio ethanol fuel here.
When the burner is filled, the engine will run and keep you cool for approximately 12 hours (depending on your wick setting). At peak output the Twister Outdoor Fan will move in excess of 442 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air.
Stirling Engine Design
Warpfive fans are small precision engineered Stirling engines, which are 100% mechanical and do not have any electric components which may stop working if overheated. Consequently they are extremely reliable and with care will last a lifetime.
Every engine is precision engineered and hand built with durable materials like stainless steel, aluminium, brass and Borosilicate glass. As a result they operate quietly – typically 28dB.
Advanced materials (such as graphite) and low friction bearings ensure low maintenance, plus heat flow is optimised with a silver thermodynamic heat plate.
Stirling engine fans have a high power output and low start up speed so they move large volumes of air.
Every engine is hand-crafted, assembled and tested in Great Britain.
Stirling Engine Outdoor Fan
Spending time outdoors or living a ‘greener’ lifestyle brings us closer to nature. The Twister Fan can be used anywhere outdoors to keep cool and repel insects naturally.
Useful in any warm climate to keep cool whether you are living off grid, camping, or spending time in bush and hunting lodges.
- Outdoor Stirling engine fan powered by alcohol
- Table top cooling fan
- Runs for approximately 12 hours on a single fill of alcohol (60ml / 2 fl oz)
- Alcohol burner includes integral essential oil diffuser
- Bearing cartridge system offering reduced friction and ease of replacement – read more here
- CNC acuminated aluminium posts for improved thermodynamic performance
- Light-weight composite crank for higher RPM
- A beech wood handle for easy handling
- Circulates in excess of 442 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air
- Supplied with a long lasting glass fibre wick
- Dust cover and maintenance kit included
- High aspect ratio fan circulates maximum air at low RPM
- Operation is quiet – typically 28dB
- 3 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Overall height: 440mm/17.3 inches
- Base dimensions: 150mmx150mm /5.9 x 5.9 inches
- Weight: 1.8kg/3.9lbs
- Fan diameter: 285mm/11.2 inches