The Windjammer 2 is a classic, vintage style fan reminiscent of antique table fans. It is a multi-purpose fan for use all year round and will move warm air from any heat source during the winter, or cool air during the summer.
Vintage Style Fan
The Windjammer 2 is powered by a bespoke alcohol burner filled with denatured alcohol or Methylated Spirits. It runs for approximately 7 hours per fill and moves in excess of of 440 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air. It also has an integral essential oil diffuser. So you can simply add your favourite essential oil and make your home smell beautiful. Or use Citronella oil to repel insects.
Stirling Engine Design
The Windjammer 2 is a Stirling engine which is 100% mechanical with no electric components. It is precision engineered and hand-built with durable materials such as stainless steel, brass and aluminium.
For optimum performance it uses advanced materials such as a silver thermodynamic heat plate, precision bearings and graphite. The glass piston cylinder and low friction bearings ensure quiet operation and low maintenance. Stirling engines are powerful, extremely reliable and with care will last a lifetime. Find out more here.
You will also receive a dust cover with your Windjammer 2 and a comprehensive maintenance kit. The dust cover is a beautiful clear dome which can be used while the engine is in use. Not only does it enhance the beauty of the engine, it also assists in keeping it free from dust or ash.
Hand-crafted, assembled and tested in Great Britain.
- Collectible vintage style fan
- Stirling engine with aluminium base
- Runs for approximately 7 hours on a single fill of alcohol (60ml)
- Alcohol burner includes integral essential oil diffuser
- Circulates in excess of 440 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air
- Supplied with a long lasting glass fibre wick
- Dust cover and maintenance kit included
- Includes stainless steel displacer and regenerator for boosted performance
- Uses a large 4 blade high aspect ratio fan (285mm, 11.2 inch diameter) to circulate maximum air at low RPM
- Operation is quiet – typically 28dB
- 3 year manufacturer’s warranty
Dimensions & Weight
Overall height:325 mm (12.8 inches)
Height including fan: 422 mm (16.6 inches)
Base dimensions: 110 mm (4.3 inches)
Weight: 1.85 kg / 4.08lbs
Fan diameter: 285 mm (11.2 inches)