Vintage style fans were extremely popular during the 1800s particularly in hot climates where they were used as cooling fans. The large Windjammer is a table top cooling fan which takes inspiration from these retro models.
It works using a bespoke alcohol burner which can be filled with either denatured alcohol such as Methylated Spirits or bio ethanol fuel. Bio ethanol fuel is an excellent choice as it produces a clean, smokeless form of heat and doesn’t generate any harmful gasses, sparks or soot. This and the fact that it has similar C02 emissions to a burning candle, make it very environmentally friendly.
When the Windjammer alcohol burner is filled, the engine will run for approximately 12 hours. At peak output it moves in excess of 442 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air.
Furthermore the Windjammer has an integral essential oil diffuser so when in use, you can also spread your favourite fragrance throughout your home.
To view the compact Windjammer – please see here.
Stirling Engine Design
Warpfive table fans are small precision engineered Stirling engines, which are 100% mechanical and do not have any electric components which may stop working if overheated. Consequently they are extremely reliable and with care will last a lifetime. Find out more here
Every engine is precision engineered and hand built with durable materials like stainless steel, aluminium, brass and Borosilicate glass. As a result they operate quietly – typically 12dB.
Advanced materials (such as graphite) and low friction bearings ensure low maintenance, plus heat flow is optimised with a silver thermodynamic heat plate.
Stirling engine table fans have a high power output and low start up speed so they move large volumes of air.
Every engine is hand-crafted, assembled and tested in Great Britain.
WARPFIVE 22/23 – NEW RANGE EXPLAINED
At Warpfive we are constantly striving for performance perfection so we are delighted to bring our latest range to you. Please take a look at the new product images to view the design modifications which include –
- Bearing cartridge system offering reduced friction and ease of replacement – read more here
- CNC acuminated aluminium posts, solid stainless steel base and upgraded displacer for improved thermodynamic performance
- A shortened, light-weight composite crank for higher RPM and increased power
- A beech wood handle for easy handling
Windjammer Fan (large)
- Collectible vintage style fan
- Table top cooling fan
- Stirling engine with stainless steel base
- Runs for approximately 12 hours on a single fill of alcohol (60ml / 2 fl oz)
- Alcohol burner includes integral essential oil diffuser
- Circulates in excess of 442 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air
- Supplied with a long lasting glass fibre wick
- Dust cover and maintenance kit included
- Includes stainless steel displacer and regenerator for boosted performance
- High aspect ratio fan circulates maximum air at low RPM
- Operation is quiet – typically 12dB
- 3 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Height including fan grill: 430mm/16.93 inches
- Base dimensions: 110mm/4.3 inches
- Weight: 1.9kg /4.1lbs
- Fan diameter: 285mm/11.2 inches