The compact Windjammer is an intriguing Stirling engine fan with a complex design.
It works using a bespoke alcohol burner which can be filled with either denatured alcohol such as Methylated Spirits or bio ethanol fuel. Read more about bio ethanol fuel here.
When the burner is filled, the engine will run for approximately 14 hours and move in excess of of 440 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air.
The compact Windjammer’s versatile styling allows you to use it anywhere in your home or office.
The built in essential oil diffuser is an added feature which you can use to spread your favourite fragrance throughout your home or office.
Stirling Engine Design
Warpfive table fans are small precision engineered Stirling engines, which are 100% mechanical and do not have any electric components which may stop working if overheated. Consequently they are extremely reliable and with care will last a lifetime.
Every engine is precision engineered and hand built with durable materials like stainless steel, aluminium, brass and Borosilicate glass. As a result they operate quietly – typically 28dB.
Advanced materials (such as graphite) and low friction bearings ensure low maintenance, plus heat flow is optimised with a silver thermodynamic heat plate.
Stirling engine stove fans have a high power output and low start up speed so they move large volumes of air.
Every engine is hand-crafted, assembled and tested in Great Britain.
Stirling Engine Fan
Stirling engine fans were extremely popular during the 1800s particularly in hot climates where they were used as cooling fans.
The compact Windjammer takes inspiration from these retro models.
To view the large Windjammer – please see here.
Compact Windjammer Table Fan
- Collectible stirling engine fan
- Stirling engine with aluminium base
- Runs for approximately 14 hours on a single fill of alcohol (60ml)
- Alcohol burner includes integral essential oil diffuser
- Circulates in excess of 440 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air
- Supplied with a long lasting glass fibre wick
- Dust cover and maintenance kit included
- Includes stainless steel displacer and regenerator for boosted performance
- High aspect ratio fan circulates maximum air at low RPM
- Operation is quiet – typically 28dB
- 3 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Height including fan grill: 330 mm (12.99 inches)
- Base dimensions: 110 mm (4.3 inches)
- Weight: 1.85 kg / 4.08lbs
- Fan diameter: 220 mm (8.6 inches)
Submit your review
Got the Windjammer 2 today. I absolutely love it. Thank you – good job! I have a fairly large collection of Stirling engines but no fan – until now. It’s a wonderful and much appreciated addition. I’ve been running it for the last half hour – it’s perfect. The workmanship is gorgeous. It will be frequently enjoyed for a very long time