Stirling engine fans were extremely popular during the 1800s particularly in hot climates where they were used as cooling fans. The compact Windjammer takes inspiration from these retro models.
It works using a bespoke alcohol burner which can be filled with either denatured alcohol such as Methylated Spirits or bio ethanol fuel. Read more about bio ethanol fuel here.
When the burner is filled, the engine will run for approximately 12 hours. At peak output it moves in excess of 442 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air.
The compact Windjammer is an intriguing Stirling engine fan with an engaging design, and its versatile styling allows you to use it on any table top.
The built in essential oil diffuser is an added feature which you can use to spread your favourite fragrance throughout your home or office.
To view the large Windjammer – please see here.
Stirling Engine Design
Warpfive table fans are small precision engineered Stirling engines, which are 100% mechanical and do not have any electric components which may stop working if overheated. Consequently they are extremely reliable and with care will last a lifetime.
Every engine is precision engineered and hand built with durable materials like stainless steel, aluminium, brass and Borosilicate glass. As a result they operate quietly – typically 12dB.
Advanced materials (such as graphite) and low friction bearings ensure low maintenance, plus heat flow is optimised with a silver thermodynamic heat plate.
Stirling engine table fans have a high power output and low start up speed so they move large volumes of air.
Every engine is hand-crafted, assembled and tested in Great Britain.
WARPFIVE 22/23 – NEW RANGE EXPLAINED
At Warpfive we are constantly striving for performance perfection so we are delighted to bring our latest range to you. Please take a look at the new product images to view the design modifications which include –
- Bearing cartridge system offering reduced friction and ease of replacement – read more here
- CNC acuminated aluminium posts, solid stainless steel base and upgraded displacer for improved thermodynamic performance
- A shortened, light-weight composite crank for higher RPM and increased power
- A beech wood handle for easy handling
Windjammer Table Fan (Compact Version)
- Collectible stirling engine fan
- Table top cooling fan
- Stirling engine with stainless steel base
- Runs for approximately 12 hours on a single fill of alcohol (60ml / 2 fl oz)
- Alcohol burner includes integral essential oil diffuser
- Circulates in excess of 442 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air
- Supplied with a long lasting glass fibre wick
- Light weight composite crank
- Dust cover, maintenance kit and spare belt included
- Includes stainless steel displacer and regenerator for boosted performance
- High aspect ratio fan circulates maximum air at low RPM
- Operation is quiet – typically 12dB
- 3 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Height including fan grill: 330 mm (12.99 inches)
- Base dimensions: 110 mm (4.3 inches)
- Weight: 1.9 kg / 4.1lbs
- Fan diameter: 220 mm (8.6 inches)