The Glasshopper Stove Fan is a Stirling engine built with a clear glass Borosilicate cylinder which shows the internal workings of the engine.
This highly versatile design allows it to work on most stove surfaces with the exception of diesel and catalytic stoves.
The Glasshopper Stove Fan will start working at 105° C (221° F) and its extra long run down time means it is highly suitable for use on Soapstone surfaces.
Named the Glasshopper for its ‘hopping’ internal cylinder, you will receive endless hours of enjoyment from viewing the mesmerizing moving parts.
When you use this Stirling engine stove fan you can reduce your wood usage by up to 22% and heat your room up to 40% faster.
Stirling Engine Design
Warpfive stove fans are small precision engineered Stirling engines, which are 100% mechanical and do not have any electric components which may stop working if overheated. Consequently they are extremely reliable and with care will last a lifetime. Find out more here
Every engine is precision engineered and hand built with durable materials like stainless steel, aluminium, brass and Borosilicate glass. As a result they operate quietly – typically 12dB.
Advanced materials (such as graphite) and low friction bearings ensure low maintenance, plus heat flow is optimised with a silver thermodynamic heat plate.
Stirling engine stove fans have a high power output and low start up speed so they move large volumes of warm air.
Every engine is hand-crafted, assembled and tested in Great Britain.
Warpfive 22/23 – New Range Explained
At Warpfive we are constantly striving for performance perfection so we are delighted to bring our latest range to you. Please take a look at the new product images to view the design modifications which include –
- Bearing cartridge system offering reduced friction and ease of replacement – read more here
- CNC acuminated aluminium posts, solid stainless steel base and upgraded displacer for improved thermodynamic performance
- A shortened, light-weight composite crank for higher RPM and increased power
- A beech wood handle for easy handling
Glasshopper Stove Fan
- Glasshopper Stove Fan with Stirling engine design
- Solid stainless steel base
- Borosilicate glass cylinders for viewing engine parts
- Start-up temperature of only 105° C (221° F)
- Maximum stove top temperature 450° C (842° F)
- Circulates in excess of 305 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air
- Uses a large 4 blade high aspect ratio fan (285mm, 11.2 inch diameter) to circulate maximum air at low RPM
- Light weight composite crank
- Operation is quiet – typically 12dB
- Dust cover & maintenance kit included
- 3 year manufacturer’s warranty
- Overall height: 325 mm/12.8 inches
- Base dimensions: 110 mm/4.3 inches
- Weight: 1.8 kg/3.97 lbs
- Fan diameter: 285 mm/11.2 inches