The Glasshopper 2 is one of our most intriguing engines as it is built with a clear glass cylinder which enables you to view the internal workings of the engine.
It is a low temperature Stirling engine and will work on any log burner or multi-fuel stove with a cooler stove surface like Soapstone, or with cooler fires that are fed irregularly.
Low Temperature Stirling engine
The Glasshopper 2 has an low start up temperature of only 90° C (194° F) and will circulate in excess of 320 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air.
Stirling Engine Design
It is 100% mechanical with no electric components which can burnout if overheated. This is because it’s a precision engineered Stirling engine built with durable materials such as stainless steel, brass & aluminium.
For optimum performance, the Glasshopper 2 has an exclusive, lightweight ceramic displacer. Ceramics are known for their incredible strength and superior heat resistance.
It is also built with advanced materials such as a silver thermodynamic heat plate, precision bearings and graphite. The glass piston cylinder & low friction bearings ensure quiet operation plus low maintenance.
Stirling engines are powerful, extremely reliable and with care will last a lifetime. Find out more here.
When you use a Glasshopper 2 stove fan you can reduce your wood usage by up to 22% and heat your room up to 40% faster.
You will also receive a dust cover and comprehensive maintenance kit when you order a Glasshopper 2.
The dust cover is a beautiful clear dome which can be used while the stove fan is in use. Not only does it enhance the beauty of the engine, it also assists in keeping it free from dust or ash.
Hand-crafted, assembled and tested in Great Britain.
- Stirling engine with aluminium base
- Low start-up temperature of only 90° C (194° F)
- Maximum stove top temperature 450° C (842° F)
- Circulates in excess of 320 CFM (cubic feet per minute) of air
- Clear glass cylinders enable a view of the moving piston and displacer
- Uses a large 4 blade high aspect ratio fan (285mm, 11.2 inch diameter) to circulate maximum air at low RPM
- Operation is quiet – typically 36dB
- Dust Cover & maintenance kit included
- 3 year manufacturer’s warranty
Dimensions & Weight
Overall height: 325 mm (12.8 inches)
Base dimensions: 110 mm (4.3 inches)
Weight: 1 kg / 2.2lbs
Fan diameter: 285 mm (11.2 inches)